What is Youth Council?
Youth Council was created to provide an opportunity to learn about and participate in Local Government. Youth Council organizes and takes part in service projects, fundraisers and events in the City.
What are the Requirements?
Beginning at the age of 14, Youth who reside in Herriman may be considered for service on the Herriman Youth Council. Youth are eligible until the age of 18 and, or graduation from High School. Each Applicant will be interviewed and then selected to serve by the City Council.
- Submit a written platform for a community service project
- 2.0 GPA
- Citizenship in Good Standing
- Application must include a resume of previous extra-curricular activities
What are some of the Programs Scheduled for the Year?
- Actively participate in city events
- Learn about city government
- Opportunity to mentor with elected and appointed city counterparts
- Youth day at the Legislature – learning about the legislature and how to be involved
- Participate in a youth council leadership conference, pending budget approval
- Service Projects
- Other Activities