Billing Information

Herriman City Utility Billing is on a once per month billing cycle. We read meters on the first business day of each month for the previous month’s usage. Bills are mailed as close to the 10th as possible. On the monthly statement you will notice three separate charges:

Payments are due on the 28th of every month. If a bill is over 30 days past due, we will send out a past due / delinquent notice. Payment must be made by the date listed on the notice to avoid disconnection.

Should water service be disconnected, the entire unpaid balance must be paid in full along with a $75 reconnect fee prior to restoring service.

In the event that the water service has been disconnected, any tampering with the meter or setter may result with the homeowner being fined.

The goal of Herriman City Municipal Water Department is to deliver clean, safe, drinking water to our customers that:

  • Meets all national and state purity standards
  • Supports normal domestic and commercial uses
  • Ensures adequate fire protection

Starting New Service

Prior to getting a new water meter set for a newly constructed home, you will be required to meet with the Building Department. Click here for more information.

Residential / Existing or New Construction – For a new water meter set, please provide the following in person at City Hall or by email to

Rental – Herriman City Municipal Water Department requires water accounts to remain in property owner’s name. It will be owner’s / landlord’s responsibility to forward billing information to their tenants. Homeowner is responsible for any balance owed on account.

Herriman City Municipal Water Application

Builders / Owner-Builders – Builder must sign up at time of issuance of building permit. Idler / Jumper will be installed at that time. After final inspection of home the idler / jumper will be removed. At that time the homeowner will be responsible to set up service and meter will be installed.

Builder is responsible for the idler / jumper to remain intact during construction. Any tampering with the setter or idler may result in the builder being fined. It is illegal to use the construction water for watering landscaping. Prior to installing landscaping the meter must be set in your name.

Cancel Your Service

Contact Herriman City Offices to cancel your service after you have sold your home. Herriman City Municipal Water Department will read the meter for a final billing. The new owners then have ten days to transfer the service.

© Copyright 2013 Herriman City.