Tenant Finishes

Hours: 7:30 am to 5:30 pm – Please call prior to 4:30 pm for all inspection requests.
Phone: (801)446-5327

If you are finishing or remodeling a tenant finish space in a commercial building, you are required to submit for and obtain a building permit and inspections.

Requirements for Submitting a Permit Application for a Tenant Finish

  1. Permit Application Form
  2. Two (2) sets of printed construction plans and an electronic version in pdf format (all pages of the printed plans must be wet stamp by an architect, the engineer stamps the structural pages, the electrical engineer stamps the electrical pages, and the mechanical engineer stamps the mechanical pages).
  3. Two (2) copies of a COMMcheck (use most current version, select Riverton as the location) see https://www.energycodes.gov (only required for new tenant finishes, not changes of use).
  4. Two (2) copies of a Manual J, D & S or energy analysis documents (only required for new tenant finishes, not changes of use).
  5. Two (2) copies of all supporting documentation such as a project manual, etc.
  6. Valuation (contract or bid sheet including amounts for labor and materials).

Submit the permit application and plans to the Building Department at the City Office Building at 5355 West Herriman Main Street during our office hours of 7:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m., Monday through Friday. Remember, the office is closed on State and Federal holidays.

We will submit your plans to Unified Fire Authority for their review – http://www.unifiedfire.org (801)743-7200.

Other Departments and Organizations you may need to contact for approval:

***Be aware that each project is unique; this may not be a complete checklist, and this may include approvals that may not be necessary for every project.***

Other Forms to Review:

If you have other questions for the Building Department, contact us at (801)446-5327 Monday through Friday between 7:30 a.m. and 5:30 p.m., or email at building@herriman.org.

© Copyright 2013 Herriman City.