Cardfile Plan Review Program
Hours: 7:30 am to 5:30 pm – Please call prior to 4:30 pm for all inspection requests.
Currently, Herriman City allows participation in a Cardfile program for plan review. This program is used when multiple houses will be built using the same building plans. Under this program, the first plan submitted becomes the main plan. Subsequent plans, which are identical to the first plan, are reviewed as cardfiled plans. The following restrictions apply:
- Upon first review, corrections cannot be redlined onto the main plans. All corrections must be reprinted on the drawings.
- Approval stamps must be new and updated. The Engineer of Record and Architect/Designer must give lot-specific approval for each new cardfiled plan.
- Subsequent cardfiled plans and documents must be identical to the main plan.
The advantage of this system is a quicker plan review and lower plan review fees. Currently the charge for the main plan is 65% of the building permit fee. The charge for cardfiled plans is only 15% of the building permit fee. All other fees will remain the same.
Requirements for the Original Main Plan
- The main plan cannot have any redlined changes. All changes must be reprinted on the drawing and all required stamps must be present (see Single Family Dwelling).
- The permit number assigned to the main plan is important. It identifies the plan stored in our office. You must document and keep a record of that number. It is the number you will write on subsequent applications to notify us to review them as cardfiles under the main plan.
Requirements for Submitting Cardfiled Plans Under a Main Plan
- The main plan Building Permit number must be written on the Building Permit application in the box located in the right hand column labeled “CARD FILE”. See Permit Application Form.
- Submit only one (1) set of Construction Drawings, which must include structural engineering, gas line diagram, etc. The Engineer of Record and Architect/Designer must give lot-specific approval for each new cardfiled plan.
- Also submit two (2) sets of the site plan.
We depend on these three items to be the only means of communication that you want the cardfiled plan reviewed under the main plan. If these items are not present, the plan will be reviewed as a new plan and charged the full plan review fee.